This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How many facebook apps would count as too much?
11-09-2012, 09:36 AM
How many facebook apps would count as too much?
information, education, gifts and wall, and ilike. That is pretty much all I have right now. How many more can i add before the page starts slowing down?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 09:44 AM

You need to keep in mind that the people visiting your page may be on a different type of computer than you are. It might be slower (and chug on your page), faster (and play certain content too quickly), or a different browser or operating system than you use.

In general, it's best to avoid the Homer Simpson "World's Greatest Web Page" syndrome of having too much junk embedded in it, just because you can, and make sure you're providing something that is actually worthwhile, rather than as a gimmick.

In the software development world, this is the cycle of development: build, test, release. But you can use it for other things, even if you don't develop software.

Start by deciding how you would use the them, rather than whether you can get away with them before the page slows down.

If you decide to proceed, ask some of your friends, on different computer types (older, newer, different operating systems - Windows, Mac, Linux) to have a look and see if they have any problems.

If they have any problems, see what you can do to fix it - change settings or remove something.

But if everything is okay, then it becomes your new page.

That is... until you decide to make some more improvements, of course. =)

Ads

11-09-2012, 09:44 AM

I have 24, and my page loads pretty much right away. Not slowed down at all. But the people with like...40 and above really annoy me because it takes so long to load. So I'd say don't go over 25 or so. But you're fine right now.