This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
is privacy settings necessary on facebook?
11-09-2012, 09:36 AM
is privacy settings necessary on facebook?
would you like it if facebook doesn't have a privacy setting and make everything public like twitter? It is such a pain playing around with all the privacy settings and still getting your privacy invaded all the time.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 09:45 AM

Is it important. It is necessary. Facebook does its part to help its users keep their online privacy amidst many threats against it. But ultimately it's up to the user. The privacy settings on Facebook are a tool. We should use them.
Great article here: http://blog.trendmicro.com/is-it-time-to-quit-facebook/

Ads

Yes privacy settings is necessary on facebook it allows you to keep safe your private information from others or keep your friends in only your profile not visible to others.

Sounds completely unnecessary to eliminate the privacy features just cause they're difficult.

The choice to ignore them and keep your page open to the public already exists. It's not like you HAVE to use the privacy options.

No, I wouldn't.

facebook encourages people to put more and more detailed information about themselves online, but employers, colleges and schools are starteting to check social networking sites to see if you are suitable...

If people could be relied on not to post anything embarrassing, then public would be fine. Everyone makes mistakes and I'd rather my privacy settings were there to help keep me out of trouble.

Privacy settings are only part of it, what's posted online, stays online... so if you wouldn't say it to your mother, don't say it on facebook (or twitter for that matter)