This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
My IP is temporarily blocked. What does this mean?
11-09-2012, 09:37 AM
My IP is temporarily blocked. What does this mean?
After messaging a friend on Facebook, I went back to the home page and a red box came up above where you type in a status. It said:

''Your IP is Temporarily Blocked
It looks like users on your current IP address were going too fast and misusing this feature, so this IP been blocked from it for up to two days.''

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 09:46 AM

omfg!!! I just got the samething. except. I think it was actually for spamming cause I did that to a friend. :| but it was just for fun. like she was going a long with it too wtf.

Ads

mine says the same thing,i didnt do anything wrong though wth? lol

it means people in your house, maybe you, maybe other people, were breaking the rules by spamming, bullying, creating more than one account, lying about their age or their name, or doing something else that facebook does not allow

and facebook can detect this behavior and will disable all of the accounts to prevent spamming, lying and trolling

it's not really that hard to figure out because you of course read the terms of service you agreed to when you signed up, right?

first you have to figure out what rule you broke - did you lie about your age or your name? did you create more than one account? did you bully or troll? did you add an app that spammed your friends? there are tons of possibilities..

Same here--got the same exact message! I don't think I've done anything to violate Facebook's code/rules? Like "Lady" said, I often misspell my password when I log in, so that's the only thing I can even think of, haha. Good luck, seems like quite a few of us are having this issue!

It just happened to me too, and I didn't do anything wrong! It must be some kind of bug.

me too

Happened to me too, must be something wrong on Facebook's end, I wouldn't worry about it.

same here!!!!! although i did just make a long status about why im voting No tomorrow.....