This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What do i do with my boring life... need some advice?
11-09-2012, 09:40 AM
What do i do with my boring life... need some advice?
I'm 20. I been working at home for 3 years so my mum can get money. She has cancer, stays at home all day, isn't allowed to drive anymore, and gets no money. It was really depressing her. So i kinda got forced by my sister and mum to take this home job, but then i also know i wanted mum to be happy. I live with my stepdad, grandparents and mum.

It's been 3 years. I have gone insane at times, I've been depressed, isolated, sad... because i have no social interaction besides with my family. I have texted some people and have little convos on Facebook but their really not enough =_=. I've lost contact and drifted from old friends and haven't made new friends. I have a hard time making new friends, it's never been something i could do.. so i just feel stuck.

Everyday i just go on the computer or watch tv. I think my main issue is that i can't get over this one guy. He was the 1 person who kept me sane from the start and til now... we'd hang out, talk and he was always there for me. But things went really bad and hes lost my trust and everyday is a struggle because all i wanna do is talk to him. So i keep trying to find distractions like "i should join a club! or group! or sports" but then that idea dies down cos it just doesn't interest me at all. It's not that I'm being picky but i know it's something I'm doing purely because I'm super bored and want to meet new people.

I stop this home job at the end of this year and then i can start working or studying. Do you think things will turn around then?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 09:48 AM

At 20, what you have to endure shows maturity, strength and inspiration. Considering most 20 year olds are partying, drinking or back packing, it shows determination on your part to help out your mom. You sound really mature for 20. It sounds as if you are suffering care giver burn out. You need to get away, plan a trip or do something different.

You feel your life is all about others when in fact what you are doing is truly remarkable. Let this guy go, you win some, you lose some. Try and make time for you. Plan a manicure or get your hair done. You deserve it. Don't lose sight of your goals and dreams. Good luck to you.

Do you live in Australia? If so, your mum may be entitled to sickness benefits or a disability pension. See a Social Worker at Centrelink and look into it.

Ads

11-09-2012, 09:48 AM

yes with out social interaction you will start getting depressed. when your around people it reduces stress a lot because your not thinking. instead of thinking your having fun with your friends and stuff like that.
and well if your not over the guy who use to keep you sane then you should try to talk to him again. it would also depend on the situation of why you dont trust him anymore. because if he did something really bad to lose your trust then you should forget about him. but the thing that really reduces stress is friends. if you need someone to talk to you can email me if you want ok. i'm not like other people who just say do this and you'll be fine. most of the time that does not help someone. if more people accepted other people for who they are and tried to help each and everyone out..... then i think more people would be more happy and less stressed.