This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
why is facebook a joke?
11-09-2012, 09:42 AM
why is facebook a joke?
I had added friends never, none of them would like to talk to me and get to know me a little better
all they do is add and ignore me, they treat me like a brick wall. and they go great lengths to ignore me
buy hiding me from chat how do I know, they change their profile picture all i wish that they will just me like a human being.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 09:51 AM

If there are points for best question you should get it! Facebook IS a joke!
I don't care if this person just commented on a picture or uploaded some $hit. I tried it and did not like it! If you are going to take pictures, upload them to the internet & describe then you might as well sell on ebay or post through flickr. At least there you can get paid for writing descriptions about pictures you take!

Ads

11-09-2012, 09:51 AM

Hi Red Metallic (think that's your profile name, can't see it on this screen). Facebook is a real touchy thing to many people because, while your average person just sees it as a good way to distract themselves from their real life (I personally use it as a practice Youtube channel and post videos there), others seem to see it as a symbol of their self esteem (ie lots of "friends" = they feel good about themselves).

I was a shameless horder of as many friends as I could find until I realized most on my friendlist were unsubscribed to my updates and that I was just a number to them on many of their lists.

I've been a part of a facebook group for some years now and, because we share similar interests, those people (about a dozen or so of my 100+ friendlist friends) are really the only people I now bother speaking to there (I see my siblings offline so I have no real need to know them there).

You're not being ignored because there's anything wrong with you (that's unlikely). You're more likely being ignored because you're not posting *exactly* the kinds of things others want to see and have an interest in.

For instance, I'm 32, and many my age are obsessed with marriage and kids and so forth - not my cup of tea, I just use facebook for videos, photos and the group I'm part of, I could care less about that other stuff, they know that, so we rarely speak because they have no interest in my stuff and I don't really care about theirs (it's honestly like a club - parents joined in force - which is fine, I just don't want to read about their children ad nauseum).

Your best bet, in order to find REAL facebook friends (ie the kind that speak to you) is by joining groups and meeting people there (eg say you're interested in something like a sports team. There might be a group for that team or sport where you can meet people who'll value your opinion, and comment on your wallposts).

Being ignored on facebook is not necessarily a sign of anything bad, you likely have different interests from those who are on your friendlist.

I have a Pakastani friend, for example, really nice guy, but he used to pop up on chat *every* time I'd go there and it...was...annoying because I soon learned he's obsessed with where I live and wants to come here so he began asking if I'd invite him here (which I obviously wont do).

I ignore him now and I don't use chat anymore. I don't hate or even dislike him, I just think he doesn't see that I'm not a ticket to somewhere he wants to go. Similarly, in YOUR case, others may have absolutely no problem with you, they just might not know how to best speak to you and have a conversation which is mutually interesting for both them and you aswell.

Join groups, find people with similar interests.