This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
how do you change your privacy settings so people cannot message u on facebook?
11-09-2012, 09:42 AM
how do you change your privacy settings so people cannot message u on facebook?
i would like to stop anybody who i am not freinds with from messaging me on facebook but cannot find it in the privacy settings slthough i know u can do it as ive been unable to message sum1 in the past because of privacy settings, cud anybosy help?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 09:51 AM

I don't know about not getting messages but if you change your profile to hidden, people can't search for your profile and find it.

Ads

Log in to facebook- go to privacy settings- go to custom- click customize settings- scroll down till you see contact information- click on address and set it to friend only.

Will you help me with mine?
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;...855AA7G5Ga

At top right click, Account\Privacy Settings. Below Basic Directory Information, click View Settings. (Blue Letters),,, Below you will see the settings in these categories, 1) Search for me on Facebook, (Everyone) 2) Send me friend requests, (Everyone) 3) Send me messages, (change this to Friends Only) 4) Send my friend list, (change this to Friends Only) 5, 6 and 7 you can set to whatever you' like really doesn't have any effect just the 2nd and 3rd. Hope you have good success like I did when I changed mine.

Hiya hun, Go to 'Privacy Settings' then at the top where it says 'Basic Directory Information' you click on 'View Settings' which is just below the writing, then you go to where it says 'Send Me Messages' and click on Friends Only.

Hope i helped xx