This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
If I don't upgrade to the new Facebook Timeline will it automatically change itself on April 1st?
11-09-2012, 09:42 AM
If I don't upgrade to the new Facebook Timeline will it automatically change itself on April 1st?
I can only use Mobile Facebook and I can't do the upgrade from there so I was wondering if I'll be locked out of my account until I can upgrade to the Timeline.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 09:51 AM

you wont be locked out, facebook will just automatically change it for you!

Ads

I would like 2 know that myself! I hear that it will upgrade itself but I'm unsure if you would be locked out

no it wont change by itself

Yes it will unless you opt out in the privacy settings. Another idea that Facebook has come up with and automatically opted every member in. Right now they are giving you the option to upgrade but eventually you will be converted to the timeline and you have to opt-out if you don't want timeline. I think there is a time limit to that you need to opt-out or you will no longer have the option to opt-out.

yes it will change it self people are starting to slowly be forced into it unfortunate there is lots of rumors going around about different dates but there is no official confirmed date on when everyone will be switched over to the timeline page dont worry tho your account will not be locked out

yeah it will change automatically

No, It wont..

Although this kind of changes have never been optional, until this moment Facebook did not inform about any established date for the Timeline upgrade to be mandatory for all users.

there is no way to remove it - everyone is being converted to the timeline - it's the new look for facebook, not an optional update

this guide will help you learn how to use it

http://abrax.us/Facebook/TimelineChecklist.php

it will take you a few days to get used to the changes, but overall, it's much better than the old profile

you can trick out your browser settings to IE7 to see your old page ONLY ON YOUR COMPUTER - EVERYONE else will still be seeing your timeline and all the stuff you dont want them seeing, so dont think for a minute it will protect your privacy, and in fact, it will anger anyone else who uses the same computer

IE7 (and just tricking your browser into thinking that it's IE7) has MAJOR SECURITY FLAWS which will leave your entire computer vunerable to attacks from phishers, spammers, and hackers, and people trying to steal your banking information and your identity

is facebook that important to you, to risk it?