This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why are people turning to the internet for love ?
11-09-2012, 09:44 AM
Why are people turning to the internet for love ?
I can't remember how many of my friends met their dates on facebook, myspace and other crazy sites.

And there are still, unbelievably, people who marry someone they first met on the internet.

Nearly 2 out of 5 relationships begin via the internet. What is going on?

I don't condone love that begins from the internet. Most of the time, it's simply childish.
With that said, I still hope to meet my troll boyfriend someday - Lulz!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 09:52 AM

Why not?
Most people in the world use the internet, and on the internet you're speaking to a real person, just like anywhere else.

So, what exactly makes it weird?
Professional dating sites allow people to find information about others very quickly through a read of ones profile, saves a lot of time.

We're not talking about 13 year olds trying to pick up on Myspace or something.

I think you're a troll, otherwise retarded.

Ads

In some ways it seems a lot easier to get to know how someone thinks without concern about what they or you look like, and so, in some ways it actually seems less superficial than sizing someone up in class or at a social function. Downside is that you can get misinformation, but that happens the old fashioned way too.

I met my ex online and know 6 people who married people they met online. I work in an industry full of women and gay men soi don't meet men through work. I don't go to bars. Many of my friends are maried with kids and don't know many single men in their 30s or 40s. I travel all the time with my job. So online dating was a way for me to be introduced to new people. I don't understand people who spend months chatting online without meeting the person. For me it was an introduction but I always want to meet right away to see if there is any chemistry. People can be very different in person than they are online, also online you can see what someone is looking for - a casual date, long term relationship, marriage, children, etc. so you aren't wasting 6 months dating someone who then tells you he doesn't want kids or never wants to get married

There is one for everyone

It's easy to connect and to disconnect.

Most men like it, because it's anonymous
and you never know what the other is up to.

Oh, I'm so bad!

(*..^)

I wouldn't say that it's immature, but I don't think it's wise. I'll explain later. Anyhow, I think it's because it's easier and more comfortable than traditional dating. People feel more at ease at home on their computer than they do in public. Aside from that, it's difficult to find local people who are single. It takes a lot of time and effort. You can just go online, connect within minutes, and find exactly what kind of mate you're looking for. But on the downside, everyone is doing it, including sexual deviants and perverts. People who lie about what they're really like (and about what they look like), and people who aren't mentally stable. That's why they are on the internet in the first place.