This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Creating an album on Facebook... Privacy settings?
11-09-2012, 09:44 AM
Creating an album on Facebook... Privacy settings?
Can you tell me more about the privacy settings when creating an album on Facebook...

I know silly question BUT what exactly is 'friends of friends' compared to 'only friends'?

I only ask because if I choose 'friends of friends' does that mean if the album shows up in a friends highlight bar then.... friends who are not my friends can see the whole album?

Often when I look at a comment my friend has made on anothers album I can see the whole thing... Is it because this option is selected?

Can it still be made visible when selecting 'only friends'?

Sorry I know this is confusing................

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 09:53 AM

ONLY FRIENDS means only your friends can see it
FRIENDS OF FRIENDS means that your friends FRIENDS[that aint your friend on facebook] can see it
&& you can see there pictures because they selected friends of friends

Ads

11-09-2012, 09:53 AM

If you choose "friends of friends," then YES people who aren't your friends can see your album. However, it won't show up on their Highlight bar. The only way these people will be able to see your album is if one of your friends comments on it so that the story shows on their Wall that they commented on one of your photos. That person can click the link and have access to your album.

When you look at a comment your friend made on another's album, you see the whole thing because yes, either that person chose "Friends of Friends" or they chose "Networks and Friends." Even though you might not be in the same network as that person, you're still kinda "networked" together since you are friends with the person who commented on the album.

If you choose "Only Friends," then NO other people won't be able to see your album. Only your friends will see your album. Even if your friend comments on a photo, their friends won't see the story on your friend's Wall so they won't have access to your album.