This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I don't feel excited to go back to college at all...should I have transferred last year?
10-01-2012, 11:31 AM
I don't feel excited to go back to college at all...should I have transferred last year?
Last year was my first year of school about 4 hours away. I was super depressed and homesick but as the year went on, I felt A LITTLE bit better. I was back and forth about transferring home to a small liberal arts school in my area. I decided not to in the end from fear of losing the friends I had made. Now, since I've been home for the summer, I've been loving life again. I am completely dreading going back and now that it's down to only 4 or 5 days, I am depressed. I cry for no reason and I'm frustruated. It's like I'm homesick and I haven't even left yet. I'm annoyed at myself because I look on Facebook and Twitter etc and everyone is soooo excited to go back. I just don't understand? I thought this year would be better but maybe I'm not meant to go away. I'm an only child and very attached to my mom. But I promised myself that even if I came home, I'd join a sorority at this small school and keep my retail job that I LOVE. I can't help feeling that by going away to school I'm trying to do what I feel like "looks good" rather than do what I really want. I feel like a failure if I come home even though this is where I'm truly happy. I understand no one really loves leaving home and everyone is happy at home but I think this isn't normal. Please give me advice on what to do, I know I'm the only one that can decide in the end, but I just need some opinions. Thank you!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-01-2012, 11:39 AM

yes

Ads

10-01-2012, 11:39 AM

wow you sound exactly like me. i'm in the same exact position as you. i'm going to be a sophomore too and i was actually thinking of transferring to a school closer to my home ( my current college's 6 hours away from my house) but i kept thinking about all the ppl ive met and everything...i'm actually thinking of sticking it out until next year and transferring then...i think what helps is getting out when youre at your college and meeting new ppl and getting involved so you dont feel so alone and homesick. it helps to keep busy and by the time you know it, it'll be time to go back home. i feel like theres so much more social opportunities back at school because all i do at home is bum around and stuff..i definitely know how you feel though.