This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Facebook??? Privacy??? Please help?
11-09-2012, 09:46 AM
Facebook??? Privacy??? Please help?
Ok so I'm fourteen years old and I'm a facebook user. Me and my friends sometimes have little conversations in the comments of statuses. If my mom looks at these conversations and doesn't agree with something I said or something my friend said to me she'll copy and print them. Is it legal for my mom to copy and print the whole conversation and show them to people that I don't want to show my status to. In this case it's a counselor and he is not my friend on facebook and I don't want him to see this conversation. The conversation had things in it that I would only allow my friends to see. I feel it's a violation of privacy and she says as long as it's on her wall she could show anybody. Please help.
What about my friends? She's not their parents and she showing anotherperson their comments as well so is that legal.? And these comments have nothing to do with my safety or anyone elses. So put that out of your mind right now. We are talking about the past.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 09:54 AM

yes its legal because she is your mother. and if she feels its a safety issue she can do whatever to address it to whomever. Now if your mom is your friend on fb...maybe you should change your privacy settings so she wont see ur status or wall etc.

Ads

11-09-2012, 09:54 AM

Well yea...its perfectly legal since she is your guardian. Besides your basic rights as a human being, you have no rights outside of those. Your parents control you and can legally do whatever they want unless it is causing you physical harm. But if you don't want this to happen again, stop having those chats or find a way for your mom not to see them.