This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why does MySpace have so many ads?
11-09-2012, 09:49 AM
Why does MySpace have so many ads?
I think that's one of the reasons why it runs so slowly. They need to get rid of them, it makes the page look cheap and cheesy. MySpace needs to clean itself up, look at Facebook, they have no ads, and look how fast it runs.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 09:57 AM

if they have more ads - they will earn more money!

Ads

If you don't want all the ads get the Adblock Plus extension for Firefox.

Once you install the extension for Firefox, all you need to do is add a filter. EasyElement+Easylist filter is what I use so all the ads are blocked for you.

I think the reason they have all those ads is because they don't charge for the accounts and the ads is how they make money. I agree, it does slow it down terribly.

because myspace is free to use, they need to have ads on the site or else they wouldnt be able to pay the servers. They hope that people on myspace will click on to the ads and buy their products. They get money for each time someone clicks the ads.

yeah i dont like the ads either i have a code that will get rid of them and make your page look better unfortunately i cant make everyone use it though

<style type="text/css">
.clearfix { display: none; }
</style>