This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Should I let my 14 year old daughter have a boyfriend?
11-09-2012, 09:49 AM
Should I let my 14 year old daughter have a boyfriend?
Okay, so my 14 year old daughter has a lot of friends and school is quite popular. However, out of her group she is more of the shy girls. Recently, i found out that she had told one of her friends that she has a crush on the boy, and being sneaky i looked him up on facebook only to notice in his family bar his dad is actually my boss! I want my daughter to be happy because shes now told me that she really likes him and they've sneakily kissed up in her room and stuff, but its the fact it's my bosses son.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 09:58 AM

Speak to your daughter about it and ask her if she definitely likes him and if he is right for he. If yes then leave her and speak to your boss. Have a quiet word with him and see what he thinks

Ads

If you have to consult Yahoo! Answers on letting your 14 year old daughter date, I think you have more issues at hand than just her being interested in your bosses son.

If you relationship with your Boss is decent, talk to him about it. Explain that your daughter is showing an interest in his son, then you know... TALK ABOUT IT LIKE ADULTS, instead of asking questions on a Forum known to be filled with stupid answers.

yes they already kissed

They're kissing at 14 secretly in upstairs? How much longer until that boy gets in her panties? Sorry I'm just being straightforward with you and honest here. Sex is next on the list and if you're naive enough to think that it won't happen to your daughter (and let's not over look her getting pregnant either) or that things like that just don't happen to your family then I'd say you're in for a rude awakening.

You decide. If a 14 year old is already making out alone upstairs NOT going to have sex and risk all the repercussions that follow after?

The fact that it's your boss's son is totally irrelevant. Your daughter well-being exceeds any job or individual with any power over you. Think about that too. You know what to do.

It's probably best you support your daughter decision to date... even if it's only puppy dog love.

If you ban it, this can cause more issues. She may hate you for it, and probably still do it behind your back anyways, which could lead to more problems. Won't be as open about it and can't ask questions or seek help if it does get out of hand.

Rather than attempting to prevent your daughter from growing up (I know that must be hard), you should be supporting and ensuring it's done in a safe way.

It is your daughters choice, but just make sure your boss knows about it, he should be ok about it if you and your boss have a pleasant relationship.

Of course,you sure dont want to upset your daughter about this.everything is fine as long as those two dont do funny things when in relationship.because thats happen to most of young and immature couple nowadays.

aww thats so cute. I think you should defo let your daughter have a boyfriend.

Ask your bosses permission and support your daughters decision because it may put a strain on your relationship otherwise