This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
is not being sociable a bad thing?
11-09-2012, 09:50 AM
is not being sociable a bad thing?
I prefer to do everything on my own. I go to school, keep away from others and get on with the work in my free time, actively take part in school life such as running the year 7 football, come home, do more work, then go to bed. I only have facebook because I was pressured into getting it; I hardly have any friends on it because not a lot of people like me, as i rely on the facebook groups to provide entertainment, like the many Harry Potter ones

Normally i just get called a freak for doing this, someone is always making fun of me somehow. It makes me feel weak in many ways, I can't seem to stand up for myself. I really enjoy school and the activities it provides but I just hate everybody there. I have very good grades for this reason, I've been in 6th form 4 weeks and I'm averaging As and Bs.

Should I make the effort to be talk more or should I carry on with what i'm doing? it just depresses me a little bit some days to think I don't have much of a life outside of school. Thanks

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 09:58 AM

Being socialable is good skill in life but so is independence just try to balance it a bit do your own thing but at the same time be nice to people try to make small talk with people! Dont be a loner the rest of your life it will only make you depress

Ads

1st of all, its ok not to be TOO sociable but you need to be a little social sometimes. It is amazing what you were doing. It's good that you are getting good grades so keep it up. When someone makes fun of you. You should definetly stand up for yourself. Don't keep quiet. Keep doing the school activities as it entertains you. But be confident and talk more but not to the wrong people. And you dont need to be depressed. You are young so it is easy to change things. YOLO

You should probably make more effort to talk to people or something, I don't know. It's only a bad thing if you're unhappy about it. Personally, I don't see how you can't have a social life and not go out. My life is pretty social but then most of the time, Tumblr keeps me couped up in my room. Haha.

With all your activities you are very sociable and you have every right to be who you are. It's people who you are not social with that appear to be the issue. I say keep doing what you are doing, it seems like forever till you are an adult but trust me, you will make a lot more friends and looks like soon you'll be hanging with all your extracurricular friends and you'll also end up in a great college, I wish I did things your way instead of hanging with bullies when I was young all for the sake that I'd have friends who ended up stealing and bullying me all the time. You're to be commended and I'm sure your parents are proud to say you are their child!

Being anti-social isn't necessarily a bad thing, alot of people these days can be oh sooooo cruel to someone who's different, and being popular...that can cause alot of drama sometimes. You need to have a few close friends to socialize with, or life can become a lonely and depressing existance. Good Luck.