This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Does he like me? How can I let him know?
11-09-2012, 09:52 AM
Does he like me? How can I let him know?
SOOO SORRY it’s LONG. I need honest answers, and I figured, the more observations, the better answers I’ll get:
I have known this guy for about 9 months now. We met in Chemistry class last year when we were sophomores. We got along pretty well. He did say that I was very good at science, and told me congratulations for my 1st place at the state science fair. At the end of the school year, he signed my yearbook, and wrote a message saying that he knew I was smart all along and he wouldn’t have made it through the class if it weren’t for my help.
Then, there was the Orchestra tour we both went on over the summer, in Europe. We did talk occasionally. I remember the last concert being very bittersweet, as we were flying back home the next day. He gave me a hug, which seemed to last for a while, and said that he had an amazing time. I don’t know if that has anything to do with this…
We are in junior year right now. But he and his girlfriend broke up at the beginning of the year, and they were together for quite a while (at least four months, they were together over the summer). My friend, who is in marching band with him, told me he was pretty upset, but it was bound to happen anyway because she was off at college. He is in my AP English class, and he always says Good Morning, or asks how my weekend went. And when he talks, he looks straight into my eyes. I just knew then I felt a little different. When we talk at rehearsals, it seems he’s always trying to find ways to include me in the group, and he turns his body towards me and looks in my eyes again.
My friend then told me she thinks he likes me. And she would catch him looking at me a few times. She’d tease me occasionally. That was then I realized that I liked him.
At one rehearsal, I was going to carpool with him, but then I had to call him to let him know I couldn’t make it. The next day, he said he was wondering where I was, and anytime I need a ride to feel free to let him know. I gave him my phone number, which he took. But I don’t have his, and we haven’t texted. I’m not sure about this either.
I didn’t go to Homecoming, but he went with this other girl. My friend told me that no one in our grade likes her, because she lies a lot. She said she lied about her mom dying in 911. But I see posts of her saying happy birthday to him, and how they are like best friends. There are pics of them, and there are no likes from him.
Then I got my driver’s license, and I missed English class that day. I asked him about the homework, and he told me, and he said he’ll send me a Facebook message. He asked where I was, and when I told him, he gave me a high five. I’ve noticed he’ll start touching me like that occasionally like that more.
There was also another time at one rehearsal where he was joking with his friends about how mean he was, and he was trying to give hugs. He looked at me, and he was like “Isabel will give me a hug right?” and he did.
Also, my grandmother has been very sick and depressed, and there may be a chance that it might be cancer. I’ll admit I am feeling down in the dumps. When I was walking in the hallway by myself, I heard him yell out to me, and ask how I was doing. He said he noticed how I was feeling a bit sad lately, so I told him about my grandmother. He gave me a hug, just like the one on the tour, and I cried a little bit. He said if there was anything he could do, just let him know.
I did get the courage to say that we should hang out more, and he said yeah defienintly, after he gets his life back from marching band. I thought about going to Peddler’s Village (an attraction) to the apple festival, but I never suggested it, since he said we should go out and get coffee after school. So, when we do hang out, how do I let him know about my true feelings? I know he had a girlfriend, but I have no idea how he feels about that. Or should I wait till we get to know each other yet? Do you think he likes me?
I just can’t seem to stop thinking about it, and I need to know what other people think. Again, SORRY it’s long! I just thought the more observations, the better answers I will get.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 10:00 AM

To me i think this is a very good start him asking you if you are okay , where you were that weeked he is trying to show you that he thinks about you.. I would try and make plans with him but dont jump into it all at once .. do little things for him and see how he reacts .. Sometimes the smallest things you do will make him very happy you would be showing you care but your not trying to force yourself on him.. Just keep going how you are with him and if he does somthing you dont like tell him.. be honest i hope everything goes well for the both of you and im very sorry about your grandmother.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply