This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I am unable to remove warnings about "Facebook Friends" & "Online Contacts"?
11-09-2012, 09:52 AM
I am unable to remove warnings about "Facebook Friends" & "Online Contacts"?
When I log into Mail Plus I get error messages about Facebook and Online Contacts in the left pane. Big buttons appear that read "Sign into Facebook chat" and "Sign In To Messenger". I really don't care for this integration and would very much like to see these messages go. They are also in very big print. This happens with different browsers and on different machines.

I have searched this topic a couple of times and know how to set links to applications and services for my account. I removed all references to Facebook in my account to no avail.

Can anyone advise?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 10:01 AM

Hi Tom,

I have checked your Yahoo! Mail account and was unable to replicate the issue you're reporting. If you don’t want to have Yahoo! Messenger running from within Yahoo! Mail, you can disable it by signing out of Yahoo! Messenger in Mail. To do so, please follow these steps:

1. In the top-left corner of the page, click the small arrow to the right of your name or Yahoo! ID.

2. From the pull-down menu, select "Sign out of Messenger."

Alternatively, you can sign out of messenger by clicking on yellow light bolt on the left side of your inbox, next to "Top Contacts."

Note: Yahoo! Mail saves your Yahoo! Messenger status when you leave Yahoo! Mail. When you return to Yahoo! Mail, it resumes the same status. If you were signed out of Yahoo! Messenger when you last exited Yahoo! Mail, you remain signed out the next time you open your mail until you sign in again.

I hope that prevents the sign prompt for Yahoo! Messenger within your Yahoo! Mail account.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply