This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How do you convince your parents for a twitter account,if they're over protective?
11-09-2012, 09:53 AM
How do you convince your parents for a twitter account,if they're over protective?
I really want a twitter account,but my parents are against social networking(my mom works at school and my dad is a retired police officer). All my friends have facebook and twitter. Please help!!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 10:01 AM

You have to prove to them you are mature enough to handle it and all the potential consequences. Although if they are saying no then there is probably a very good reason: your parents know you, and therefore they probably know that you are not mature enough.

Ads

I would recommend a compromise with your folks!

The main thing parents are worried about is their child providing too much information being found by some creeper from the internet and all they of you to remember for the rest of their haunted lives is your severed scalp.

But a good solution would be, if you promise to not upload any photos of yourself, or put your location, OR ANY personal information online. If you do this, you can have your account to talk to your friends, and your parents don't have to worry about you getting stolen.

Just a warning, they might want to check your accounts for any information you put up, if they don't trust you.

They are correct. A young girl does not need to be publicly posting her every thought and location for millions of strangers to read. Facebook is at least interactive, Twitter is just digital masturbation.
Stop pressing the issue, obviously they let you have Internet access to slag them off on Q&A boards.

There is nothing you can do. They have made this decision for a very good reason and have based it on what they know about you and the fact that so many kids have no clue how to behave on social media.

Sit down and talk to them about why they made the decision. What are there reasons and ask them what you can do to allay their fears.

Just make one in secret if you really want one