This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I'm in a gay relationship and my boyfriends mom calls me his friend?
11-09-2012, 09:55 AM
I'm in a gay relationship and my boyfriends mom calls me his friend?
I have been dating my boyfriend for nearly a year now. His mom came down from Illinois to visit him in California and she said I'm such a good friend to her son. And she adds me on facebook and my boyfriend says something nice about me in a post ad she comments "He's such a good friend!". Ok I'm not his friend!!!!!!! She knows we are dating and are serious about it, what gives???
You are all right! I should be happy she is nice to me. I guess I just don't like being called his friend. But I know what you mean by I should not be complaining Smile

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 10:03 AM

Just because you are dating doesn't mean you can't also be friends.

Ads

Well, maybe his mother is in denial. Maybe she didn't word it right. Maybe she said friend but meant boyfriend. There are lots of things she could have meant by saying something like that.

Its probably her way of being able to deal with her son being gay.

At least she's friendly to you and is being nice. Jeez, thats a big win in itself.

Be grateful for that - not many parents are that cool.

And your complaint is?

some say that to me and my girlfriend too and we are going on over 4 years. Where's your friend? etc./...

Maybe its hard for her to say boyfriend. Maybe you should concider your self lucky that she excepts you at all. Alot of parents don't allow the same sex person in and care for them.

I know it seems like a disrespect but it seems that she really likes you yet wants you to call you her sons friend.

all that's important is what you know how it is.