This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is this FB commentary racist?
11-09-2012, 09:56 AM
Is this FB commentary racist?
A friend of mine post a black and white photo in his Facebook timeline. He is dressed in a tuxedo, the background is indistinguishable. The tag explains that he wanted to recreate the spirit of the 1920s in his photo. Now, he is of Asian ascendency, so I wrote that his slanted eyes did not help much in his so called recreation because Asians in the 1920s were not very popular in the US.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 10:04 AM

Doesnt sound racist but that would be rude as hell someone something like that.

Ads

Sounds racist to me.

Why exactly would you feel the need to point this out when he's just talking about his outfit? Seems a bit odd. You do realize they had the 1920s in Asia as well, right? That in fact, they wore suits and such?

Oh and it's ancestry. Spell check doesn't help you when you're using the wrong word.

Only YOU know if it is racist.

I don't know you, if I were to say some chit like that to one of my Asian friend's they would know I was just being my normal smart@ss self. I'm not really big on hate and that's all racism is - hate.

At face value it will raise some eyebrows in question if your comment / you are racist.

yea lol

Whilst you may not be racist, it was certainly a racist, unnecessarily rude and insensitive comment.