This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
is it even worth going to facebook anymore?
11-09-2012, 09:57 AM
is it even worth going to facebook anymore?
I use to go to facebook every day until about 2 months ago before they added tons of flash advertisements, because of the flash ads facebook now runs so slow, and lags so much it is a web sight I find very hard to navigate It takes about 2 minuetss for my front page to fully load and another 2 min just get to my private messages.

I was wondering do you think this is the beginning of the end for Facebook like Myspace prior to facebook and if so what do you think will be the next big social networking sight would it be Google plus or something else?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 10:06 AM

Google plus is the new place to be.

Ads

You can disable the ads.
Google plus is absolute crap.
And social networking is overrated.

The slow loading is just your internet im guessing, or your computer, it loads fast for me. I agree that everything is getting messed up and its worst than before, constant changes that ruin everything. It was better how it was to begin with.

The next social network site will probably be Twitter, some people are currently changing from facebook to twitter.

I am a teenager and although Facebook was the only social networking site I ever used, I rarely use it except for checking up with family and friends. Facebook is good as long as you put it to good use, so I wouldn't necessarily ever deactivate my account or stop using it because its still, I believe, the only worthwhile social networking site. Also there is a plugin called Adblock plus if you have Google chrome that gets rid of all of the flash ads on my Facebook and there are similar plugins if you do have another browser.

Facebook is where everyone is (no matter what the competition would prefer). If you are finding Facebook sluggish due to flash advertisements you could install a web browser like Firefox and use one of the many Flash blocker plugins (Adblock Plus, Flashblocker etc).

I use both plugins on my laptop or just browse the web on an iPad (which specifically prevent Flash- yay!).

google plus is very popular but facebook will always have more users