This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
facebook privacy settings?
11-09-2012, 10:02 AM
facebook privacy settings?
since facebook changed its privacy settings people have been able to find me. on facebook i have my privacy settings set to 'friends of friends' being able to find me when they search, since facebook settings changed ive been getting friend requests from people who i have no mutual friends with. i checked the settings and it is still set to 'friends of friends' . does anyone know why it does this?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 10:10 AM

The new settings have separated it into two different sections. There's one section about who can search you and there's a different section about who can add you as a friend (which is under Contact Information). If, in the "Search" section, it is set to 'friends of friends', then no one should be able to search for you. Yet, this does not meant that people cant search for your friends and find your page from there. To prevent them from trying to add you as a friend, you can go into "Contact Information" and change the "add as a friend" option to 'friends of friends'.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply