This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I need to know how to sue someone in small claims court?
11-09-2012, 10:03 AM
I need to know how to sue someone in small claims court?
Someone got a hold of explicit material of me then attempted to blackmail me. When the attempt failed she posted it on youtube and facebook. While the content was immediately removed I am not taking this lying down. The fact that this person does this to people is enough to make me take action let alone that it happened to me. I want to take them to court but I don't know how. I don't even know who they are. All I have is a skype name, and a fb profile, both are probably aliases unless I got rooked by one of the worlds dumbest criminals. Anyway I can't get any more info about her. Is there any one who can help? OOOOooor alternately if anyone knows how to get more information about this person based off what I have? Any information or help is appreciated. I feel like I should be throwing in some vengeful death threats and what not, but that all feels so cliche at the same time. I'd rather get the upper hand and carry out a nefarious (legal) masterminded plan instead of blow hot air.
Before anyone can troll me on it. Yes I realize I put a question mark at the end on accident. If I could fix it I would -_-

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 10:12 AM

Report it to the police and let them do the research. They have more resources than you do. Attempted blackmail is a crime. Don't mention any desire for revenge; filing charges will be enough. You should also report it to the website where your picture appeared. Small claims court is for monetary losses only. How do you know it was a she?

Ads

11-09-2012, 10:12 AM

You could report the attempted blackmail to the police, but don't expect them to put a lot of effort into finding the person. There was no actual extortion as you did not pay and the person is unknown to you so the amount of resources that they would dedicate to investigating would be minimal.
You could hire an investigator to figure out who they are, but to what purpose? The odds are against a DA filing charges on something like this and if you took it to small claims what would you claim as damages?