This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How Do You Get Rid Of Ads?
11-09-2012, 10:06 AM
How Do You Get Rid Of Ads?
I REALLY, REALLY HATE those ads that are on pages that I visit, there are even ads on my facebook page! It's really annoying, I didn't choose for them to be there, how do I get rid of them?
Also how do you get rid of 'pop ups'', I also hate it when random pages open up. I use Google Chrome if that helps.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 10:14 AM

use another browser, one with an ad blocker.

Firefox or SRWare iron.

if you like using Google Chrome
then go for SRWare iron > http://www.srware.net/en/software_srware_iron.php
it is a chrome browser that has a built in ad blocker.

Ads

Adblock Plus for Chrome

http://adblockplus.org/en/chrome

I'm guessing that if you have Firefox (different internet browser) and you have ads on facebook, you probably have PageRage. Go rummaging through your adons and disable Yonoo. Then uninstall page rage. Your facebook ads should disappear after that.
If you want a really good adblocker get Firefox Adblocker by googling it.
My favorite adblocker is on Google Chrome adblocker. Search for it and click on the one that is on google.com itself. Goodluck!

You can simply go to Google Chrome site and download its Adsweep application to eliminate ads when you are surfing

Facebook ads cannot be removed. Only the ads from regular sites since they all come from one network. To remove the regular ads for:

Internet Explorer (version 9 only) click Settings > Add Ons > Tracking protection lists > Get Tracking protection lists (For earlier versions download and install the Simple Adblock extension).

For Firefox and Chrome use the adblock extension found in their add-ons library.

CHROME> wrench icon> Preferences> Under the hood> Content settings> Cookies (heading): tick "Allow local data..." & "Ignore exceptions and block 3rd party..."> close tab.
AdBlock Plus (with 'subscription' added). See Add-on's for Chrome.
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/search?q=ad+block

Another 'privacy' setting I recommend, also in "Content settings" >tick " Do not allow any site to track my physical location", and uncheck "Allow background applications to run".