This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
So how do things like dating and relationships work?
11-09-2012, 10:06 AM
So how do things like dating and relationships work?
Okay so you like this girl a lot, you make friends with her, next thing you know you guys are friends on facebook. Sometimes later you exchange numbers and are texting day and night.. After sometime, you go out with her to a restaurant, but as a friend(you know, none of that holding hands stuff..)

So whats next? Do you just assume she's your girlfriend, or is there some sort of proposal to be made? What comes next?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 10:14 AM

Ask her if she wants to be your girlfriend.

Ads

Never ever, ever ASSUME somebody is your girlfriend. Somebody did that to me before and I ended up agreeing with him because I felt guilty. Even though I now realise he should have actually asked.

To confirm, you should just say "Hey, we've spent quite a lot of time together and I'm really beginning to like you a lot. Would you, wanna be my girlfriend? or start dating?"

Then base what happens next on her response.

I went through the same thing with my bestfriend(now we are datingSmile), we did everything together and everybody was like u should date, u r practicalyy dating!!!and we were like nooooooo even though we both secretly liked each other(we found out later), so one time a bunch of us were having a sleepover and we were watching a movie and somehow we just started cudiling and holding hands, by the next day we were walking down the road holding hands,and for us it just happened, it just felt right and then we had a long, awkward conversation about if we were more than freinds and in the end he 'officially' asked me outSmile so u and this girl maybe if one time when u r out at arestaurant or something tell her how you feel and ask her if she feels the same way, or do what i did and try to cuddle with her when you are watching a movie or something and see what her reaction is, but DEFINETLY dont asume she is ur girlfriend because no matter how obvious u think it is they might not know that you think u r in a relationship(i made the same mistake) so..good luckSmile

You have put yourself in a predicament. It can be very difficult to transform a friendship with a girl into something more. But based on the information you've given, it seems like there could be something more there. You don't just assume she's your girlfriend because if she doesn't feel the same way things could get akward. You need to talk with her about it. Tell her how you feel about her. And here's why your in a predicament because if she doesn't feel the same way then you've probably lost your friendship. But if she does feel the same way (which I'll be she does) then you'll be all set. If you don't believe its worth the risk, then just remain friends and hope she makes a move on you.