This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What happened to facebook privacy?
11-09-2012, 10:06 AM
What happened to facebook privacy?
Please, please help!!
I've set my privacy settings so people who aren't my friends could see only my profile pic, add as a friend and nothing else! But apparently, I saw from another account of a person I don't have added as a friend that they sould see my main profile pic, and other profile photos. And also some of my basic info which is also supposed to be PRIVATE!!!Not my albums cause I set those only for my friends to see, but how the hell can they see all of this???!!!!!
I hate facebook!!!!! Sad((

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 10:15 AM

Unless you have a specific person blocked, your main profile pic is basically visible to anyone who searches for you, all the time. They can also then see the name and main profile photo of several randomly selected friends of yours, regardless of what your privacy setting is like.

Ads

11-09-2012, 10:15 AM

It might be because Facebook has changed terms and conditions - these changes are assumed to be accepted by you just by you visiting and using the website. It could also be that the masters behind Facebook seem to get bored of the well oiled website they used to have and so keep changing it.

The amount that people you haven't got added can see of your profile should be limited. At the most I think it only includes your main picture, "basic information" and a selection of your mutual and non-mutal friends.

All I could suggest is that for your profile picture just use one with more than just you in it and clear all basic information you don't want sharing.