This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How to deal with an awkward situation with a roommate?
11-09-2012, 10:07 AM
How to deal with an awkward situation with a roommate?
My roommate has been extremely messy since we've lived here. Last week, she had excessive pizza boxes and open containers of food and it was both jarring and smelling up the room. Normally I don't care, but since we both live in the same room it was obviously an issue and I was getting really upset.

I'm pretty afraid of confrontation/non-confrontational in general, so I planned to write a letter to her about the situation, and the letter ended up being more of a rant telling her she needs to clean, it's gross,ect,ect. I was going to revise it to make it softer and less angry sounding but I left the room for like 10 minutes and apparently she snooped through my computer and saw it and got pissed. Like, really pissed.

Evidently, she made some passive aggressive facebook status like "well ur not a greate roommate either, babe Big Grin grow up!" and she had all her friends from her hometown send me messeges on facebook, calling me a slut ect, telling me to grow up and how they all love her and I'm like ????

I talked to her about it and she said it was fine and she ended up cleaning up, but now it's really awkward. What am I supposed to do?

I should also mention I'm really socially awkward, so I was trying to handle the situation as tactfully as possible. But it backfired, clearly.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 10:15 AM

Yeah go ahead and tell her how you felt and what you really meant. Go ahead and tell her so you can move coward with your life and make it less awkward for you. Do what you have to do to make your college life comfortable.

Ads

You do nothing.It's her fault and her problem. Just keep smiling and killing her with kindness. She had no right to invade your privacy. Who says you were ever going to send it ? Maybe you were just trying to figure out how to tell her she a slob. And her friends trashed you on fb. She is wrong all the way around here.I would just go about my business, be nice , and see how she calms down. But I might be looking for a new roommate,too.

I would probably look for another roommate, she sounds horrible.