This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How do I hide my friends list on Facebook with the new privacy changes?
11-09-2012, 10:11 AM
How do I hide my friends list on Facebook with the new privacy changes?
I tried clicking the pencil thing in the "friends" box on my profile page, but it says "change visibility settings" and it does nothing.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 10:20 AM

just want points

Ads

This is such a good question! I didn't even realize they had changed the settings. And boy, are they sneaky with hiding friends!!

But here's how to do it:
1) Click "Account" in the upper right hand corner. You'll get a drop-down menu. Choose "Privacy Settings," which will take you to a new screen.
2) THIS is the sneaky part. Look in the middle-ish of the screen for the tiny blue "View settings" link. This will also take you to a new screen.
3) Now scroll down the screen for the "See my friend list" option. (It's the 4th one down).
4) To the far right is the box where you can choose to customize the setting. Click that and from there you can choose "Friends of Friends," "Friends Only," etc.

Hope this helps!

Since May 2010 Facebook offers again the possibility to stop showing your list of friends on your profile. This guide will show you how to do it:

http://romcartridge.blogspot.com/2010/05...ds-on.html

Good luck!