This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What is my current relationship status? Would it be wrong of me to make out with someone else?
11-09-2012, 10:13 AM
What is my current relationship status? Would it be wrong of me to make out with someone else?
I have a 'friend' that I met at a party a year ago. We're both in our early twenties. When I first saw her, she set off my 'gaydar'. We got to talking, having a few drinks together, flirting and surely enough she kissed me. At one point she said 'Wtf, I'm straight!' before continuing to follow and make out with me. The next few times we saw each other at parties she would stare at my lips and even make out with me again. After a bit of confusion she messaged me basically saying that she's 'not gay' but will make out with girls if she's attracted to them, and said that she likes kissing me because I'm 'fun, attractive and a damn good kisser'. I assumed all our making out meant nothing and never expected it to happen again. To my suprise, the next time we saw each other in town she insisted on walking me to my taxi where she stopped and made out with me again. Surely enough, it happened on a couple more occassions. We became closer as friends, stopped making out but continued to kiss on the lips. She began telling me that she loves me. Because of uni we don't get to see each other very often, but when we do see each other it often feels like there's some sort of deep connection/attraction there. We now kiss on the lips soberly to say hello/goodbye. She messaged me not long ago saying 'I miss your sexy face and lips!'. I recently came out as lesbian to our mutual friends, who I'm guessing have told her and I suspect she already knew anyway. Last weekend it was her birthday and so we spent the day/night together drinking, dancing, flirting and suprisingly making out a lot. It was the first time we've done this in several months despite seeing each other during that time. One of our friends offered to take a photo of us and she decided to kiss me for the photo. When our friend sent me the photo, I sent it to her, and she now has it as her profile picture on Facebook. I really don't know what to think or where I stand with her. Just friends? Denial? What do you think?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 10:21 AM

The person you need to be asking these questions to is your lip-wrestling friend. Even if it's just a friendship, a strong relationship has strong communication which is open and honest. If you love her--that is, you feel you're in love with her--then you should tell her you love her. If you're not sure how you feel then you should ask her what you two are: a couple, just friends, friends with kissing benefits, friends who greet with a kiss but have no romantic bond, etc.? And if you tell her you love her but her heterosexuality wins out and she says she's not in love with you, then you two should stop the make-out sessions entirely because all it will do is lead to more affection, more feelings of love that don't get reciprocated, and more heartbreak. In that case it would be best if you moved on to find a girlfriend to be romantically involved with and keep this friend only as a great friend. I'm kinda hoping that she feels as much love and attraction for you as you do for her (I'm a bit of a hopeful romantic) but you'll never know until you start asking some questions. Good luck!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply