This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I don't know how to approach this girl I like?
11-09-2012, 10:16 AM
I don't know how to approach this girl I like?
Just to give some background on the situation:
So I am in "arts" high school for band, meaning I have band every day all year, and am in grade 10 this year. I've had a crush on this girl since grade 9, but first I will explain more background. In grade 8 I was bullied pretty badly; completely lost my self esteem and was depressed. Since my school goes from Grades 7-12, allowing lots of new students to come in for Grade 9, I was very much looking forward to grade 9 to start over and make new friends. When grade 9 came, though I tried my best not to show it, I was still very low on self esteem and had no idea how to act when someone insulted me, even playfully. However, I did quite a good job of making a good number of new, strong friends as this was my main (if not only) concern for most of the year. At the same time, I also had a growing crush on this girl who I had 3 classes with for the first semester, including Band. For the whole year, she gave me tons of signals. Lots of eye contact, making efforts to talk to me and many other small things that made me think she liked me too. However, at this point of my life, in the recovering, very low self esteemed person I was, I did not believe any of these signals as I kept thinking theres no way she could like me, I'm just noticing this stuff because I like her so much, stuff like that.

I only have really realized now how much she did like me; and how obvious she was trying to be considering she is a girl and girls tend to be very subtle. Of course a million times I have cringed at times I did not take up opportunities and wished I could go back and redo moments, but I know that is in the past, I can't change what I missed and there's no point getting mad at myself about. I guess I was just so concerned with making friends that I never even noticed or believed she could like me, when looking back on it, I am certain she did.

So far, this year has been going pretty well girl-wise. I can talk to girls, my confidence is completely back up and I am back to how I was before grade 8. I still have a crush on this girl, so I've essentially been turning down many options for other girls because I want my first kiss/girlfriend to be her. The good news is that we actually have talked a little bit; ranting about a teacher together for about a minute and made a couple joke that she laughed at. I know she is a very shy girl around boys, so it also made me quite happy when she commented on my facebook status about a week ago. So then I also just liked her profile picture on facebook, feeling comfortable to do so at this point. Trying to read her mind here, I think she does now know that i DO like her, (as last year she probably gave up since I did not appear to like her back), but she does not want to put in the effort to talk to me that she did last year, although she is definitely open to liking me again. Don't ask me how I know this, I am just very good at understanding what people are thinking I suppose.

But anyway, with all of that information, here is my dilemma. I only have one class with her this semester, and that is band. I can hardly talk to her during band because she plays percussion in the back while I play clarinet at the front of the class. Our lockers are close, and I know I could easily talk to her if I passed her in the hall or she was alone. The problem is, she is almost always with her friend, and even when she's not, I really don't know how to just go up to her locker to start talking (my locker is just slightly too far from talking range) Though I am nervous, I know that the actual talking part is easy. Sorry if you think I've been rambling, I really appreciate you reading all of this. I've just been trying to give you guys as much information as possible, because I have told a number of my friends, but since they don't know the entire situation, I just get general advice like "Go talk to her" and "Just be yourself!", but the thing is it's not that im just nervous and afraid to talk to her or girls in general, for that matter. I just need to know if you guys have any ideas of what I should do, or really anything. Because like I said, though of course I am nervous, my problem now is simply finding the oppurtunity to talk to her. We have a school dance coming up soon, so if I could talk to her for a few minutes just once within the next couple weeks, then I'd feel safe asking her to dance at the party, and from there I know it would be easy to message her on facebook and probably ask her out quite soon from there
There's also a slight problem that my friends' lockers are all right beside mine too, so its hard to find a time even when she's by herself that I don't have somebody with ME wanting to go do something.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 10:25 AM

just tell her how you feel bro

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply