This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Am I just ugly, or is it my camera?
11-09-2012, 10:18 AM
Am I just ugly, or is it my camera?
I used to have a basic digital camera, a HD camcorder and a iPhone 3. The digital camera was ok at taking photos, but when I came to take selfies, it made my chin longer, eyes bigger and aged, skin really bad, nose almost kicked in at the side, lips tiny and face round, longer jawline from the side and a round chin from the side. The right side of my face looks so strange on it too! The HD camcorder was terrible, it gave me huge cheekbones and tiny cheeks, tiny yet really floppy lips on video and photo, huge eyes, long jaw line, round chin, really flat nose and my nose isn't flat, and my right side of my face was really flat, long, saggy (and it's not in real life!), the iPhone was okay, not as bad but it did give my eyes a wonky look and a longer withdrawn face.
When I smile, my chin and face is longer, nose is rounder!
Yesterday I bought a Nikon D3100 and I took a photo of my mum and she looks like she looks, just a bit tired and longer, but, nothing like I do. I took a photo of me, and it's still the same. eyes aren't as bad, chin has a kink in it, nose does too and I just don't look like that!
I have photos on my Facebook you can see, and my current profile photo is what I look like as it's a camera to mirror photo and my cameras tell the truth through that way. Only thing that isn't right is the colouring! But if you read the descriptions, it will tell you what camera I used.
I'm only bothered this much as I plan to be doing YouTube video's in the future, and if I look like that continuously then I just wont do it. Yes, I'm that insecure Smile Then again it could be just lighting and bad angle!
http://www.facebook.com/heather.jellicoe facebook xD

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 10:26 AM

Ure prettyyy

Ads

You're just ugly.

Your not ugly you are the most Beautiful Girl on the world with your own unique way. And Too me it sounds that you think your ugly but your not. You Are Very Beautiful Just The way you are. And Your Breath Taking

I don't trust cameras . I trust the mirror . Mirror never lies how you look. Normally any camera has its own imagine you know mega pixels etc.

I always look ugly on flash camera .but non-flash makes me like Barbie .

So thumb ups for non flash camera . If you like flash cameras it makes you look sharp if prefere it .so check lighting settings on any camera you have

Lighting is very important .

Btw you are pretty .

Hope I helped you .

Your fit and you know it. Stop fishing for compliments. If you really that concerned about ur looks come here to wales and il show u a good night. Ha

You are a babe. Sorted. Lol

What you are seeing is what a wide angle lens does to your facial features.

Holding a camera at arm's length and using a wide angle lens distorts your facial features.

The only way around this is to use a medium telephoto lens and sit a few feet from the cameras lens.

This is why portrait photographers rarely use wide angle or even "normal" lenses

Since you now have a D3100 do this

* set your lens to 55 mm
* place your camera on a tripod
* set the auto-focus to continuous
* have someone sit on your "posing stool" or chair to compose your shot
* place a mirror next to the camera so you can see your poses
* use a remote shutter release to take photos of your different poses

Blame the idiot who operates the camera. A good photographer has the experience to find the most flattering way of taking your picture.

You are NOT ugly!!!!!! You are soooooooooooooooooooooooo adorable. ↖(^ω^)↗