This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
If I have my facebook profile is set to private, can a person still message me if they are not my friend?
11-09-2012, 10:18 AM
If I have my facebook profile is set to private, can a person still message me if they are not my friend?
I've messaged a person I think I may know on facebook, but haven't added him as I'm not sure if I do know him.

Will he be able to message me back if my profile is completely private?
I'm under 18- does this matter?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 10:26 AM

Yeah.

Ads

Yes.

Yes he will!

It depends on your Settings. Make your inbox available even to people who are not your friends.

Go to Account - Privacy settings - Customize settings

Yes he can. But, you can block him. Go to his profile and scroll down to the very bottom right. it will say block. click it and bam, he cant message you, search for you, and you wont come up in results if he searches you. Good luck Mate

Sign into Facebook. Click on Account > Privacy Settings and at the top under "Connecting on Facebook" click on View Settings. The third column titled "Send you messages" needs to be set to "Friends of Friends" (if you have mutual friends with this person) or "Everyone" (if you don't have mutual friends with this person) in order for them to be able to send you messages. Hope this helps.