This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How to get rid of Timeline on Facebook?
11-09-2012, 10:20 AM
How to get rid of Timeline on Facebook?
I have facebook and the timeline. And I don't want it anymore. Can someone tell me how to get rid of it please?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 10:29 AM

I don't think you can unless they come up with something new.

Ads

there is no way to remove it - everyone is being converted to the timeline - it's the new look for facebook, not an optional update

this guide will help you learn how to use it

http://abrax.us/Facebook/TimelineGuide.php

it will take you a few days to get used to the changes, but overall, it's much better than the old profile

you can trick your browser into making it so you see your old profile, but everyone else will still be seeing your timeline profile, along with anything you dont want them seeing, and you wont be able to see anyone else's timeline profile then either

The only way to get rid of Timeline is to close your Facebook account.
~

I don't think you can, I tried to find a way how to myself but there is none. Once you have it I don't think you can turn back.

Sadly once you have it there is no change back. If you see website that allow you to do this it is a scam or hack.

Sadly , you can not. Facebook will soon change/update everyone's facebook to the timeline also.

I've tried to change mine back, but every site online says it can't be changed back.
If you were desperate, there is one thing you can try. Go to your account settings and deactivate your account for like 10 seconds. Then reactivate it. I'm scared to do it, because it may delete my friends and pictures and everything. But they say it resets your account to the original profile. If you want, you can try it.
Hope that helps!

There's no way to undo the Timeline upgrade. Although for the moment Facebook did not make a clear statement in any of its official pages about how the upgrade would be deployed, and as a consequence there is a lot of false information going around, experienced users know that Facebook upgrades of this size have never been optional.

Besides, there are clear evidences that indicate that there will be no way to go back to the old Profile. Take a look at the article in the source to see what those evidences are.

If you want to get rid of timeline check out this page http://www.facebook.com/endtimeline