This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Websites aren't loading on my computer?
10-01-2012, 02:29 PM
Websites aren't loading on my computer?
Hi, so I have been having issues with my computer and I have tried so many things but nothing is working. I have a Dell computer running windows XP which is connected to the Internet but certain websites won't load on all of my browsers and the Internet connection is perfectly fine. "Small" websites such as google will load but things like twitter won't. This doesn't seem to be a network problem as these sites work fine on other devices on the same network. This has never been a problem and I have previously been able to load these pages.
I've tried everything, like changing my MTU, flushdns, and all the basics like resetting my computer / modem. Any help is greatly appreciated

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-01-2012, 02:37 PM

I hope you have tried clearing history and cache and cookies . Or else install chrome which has maximum pre added addons.

Ads

10-01-2012, 02:37 PM

install comodo internet security , its free and better than other anti virus and check which application is eating your internet bandwith, find and block kill the application you will see twitter and facebook load faster......
This is the windows common problem windows is eating 20% of your bandwith with out knowledge and some of virus using bandwith of your computer this make your internet slow and you can open only light weight website....
also try to use mozilla firefox 14,opera 12