This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How to change flats at uni?
11-09-2012, 10:23 AM
How to change flats at uni?
Heres the thing:
My old flat just really didnt work out- I came into a group who all allready knew eachother and there was a transvestite who tried to come onto me. So yep i know i want to move

But how should i word the message to my new flatmates? I cannot see them in person because I am at home at the moment, it's saturday evening and I go back very early on monday morning. How does the following sound?;

"Hi everyone

I think I'm moving into the spare room in your flat on Monday.
Sorry I know this must be really weird-I dont want to disrupt anything dont worry I promise I'll be a nice flatmate!
I would have talked with you all about this in person but I've had to come home to _____ hence the really random facebook message ( i only have some of you on facebook please tell the others), really sorry about that
As I said I dont want to disrupt anything and just want to get on really well with you all so yeah..it would be great if we could facebook chat first and get to know you/see how things work in your flat

hope you all have a great weekend!
(name)

thanks i really appreciate the help

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 10:31 AM

I can see that you're trying to be friendly with the message but would it not be better to wait until you meet them to have a proper chat? Is it not a bit weird to fb message people you've not yet met? I would have thought the uni, or whoever owns the flat, would have told them about someone new moving in. They are probably waiting in excitement to meet you.

Hope the new flat goes well!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply