This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How can I post a poll to my Facebook group?
11-09-2012, 10:23 AM
How can I post a poll to my Facebook group?
I am planning my high school reunion and I had already posted a poll using "My Polls" app on the group page on Facebook. It seems that for people to use the poll they have to allow the app permission to their account. Is there a way to just have clear cut poll I could post on the reunion facebook group, where they could just click on their choice (Kind of like when you they have polls on websites and you are able to simply choose your answer)???

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 10:32 AM

Not possible at this time. Everyone wants that exchange of info to get something. Remember nothing free in this world!

Why not make it simple as a question that others can comment on?

Ads

11-09-2012, 10:32 AM

The way you did it is fine. Those who don't bother don't get to vote.

You could send a message to everyone in the group with yes/no answers, and tally the results by hand.

Here is some advice you didn't ask for that I paste every chance I get, hoping no one else will fall victim to the World's Stupidest Disk Jockey.
(See http://www.tedpack.org/cvhs/whyvirt.html for details.)

The most important thing you can do to insure a good time is talk to the DJ before hand. The people who never left town and see each other every week at PTA, soccer practice, poker night etc. are going to want to dance. The ones who DID leave town and flew 1,500 miles to attend are going to want to catch up, and they are not going to want to shout over the music.

The ideal solution, if you can afford it, is to hire two rooms, separated by a thick, soundproofed wall. Most classes won't be able to do that. Having the music "on" for 30 minutes, then off for 30 would be a reasonable compromise. It should be off while you are eating dinner, too. Promise the DJ the same amount of money as if he played all night. Impress upon him the desire of half the audience to talk. Reunions are not the same as dances or concerts. People don't go to concerts to talk. They DO go to reunions want to talk. Keep hammering that home to the DJ. If necessary, tattoo it on his forehead backwards and give him a mirror. Appoint a "Quiet time" monitor.

Tell people at the start of the affair what you are doing, so they know. Tell them that you know half of them will be unhappy during the music and half will be unhappy during the quiet time, and you can't please everyone. If you like, you can tell the joke about the mathematician who had one foot in a bucket of ice water and the other in a bucket of boiling water. He said "If you take the average, I'm comfortable".

I hear "It was a nice reunion, but the DJ ruined it" a dozen times a year from friends and family.