This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Can I wear my bf uniform jacket?
11-09-2012, 10:24 AM
Can I wear my bf uniform jacket?
My boyfriend is deployed and we didn't get any photo's together (we just started dating right before he left) he gave me his jacket from his old uniform with his name on it and everything and I took a picture of myself wearing it and pointing to his name saying I miss him. I just wanted to know if I can post this picture as my profile picture on facebook or could this get him in trouble potentially?
Ok great!! it just shows the American flag on one sleeve and his last name on the front you can't see the other stuff in the picture...thanks guys!
That's sweet Abe :-) My bf was going to wash his before giving it to me and I asked him not to :-)

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 10:32 AM

It will be fine as long as you REMOVE everything (like 'US Navy, etc. and his rank) except his name.

Ads

Yes you can.
It's not like you're impersonating him, or trying be something you're not.

My Eldest daughter confiscated mine when i shipped out to Sandland for the first time she still wears it to this day also.Intact with my Commando patches and British flag. On asking why, she replied that it strengthened the parent daughter bond that we already have. She also refused to wash it until i was safe at home again. I wish your bf good luck on his deployment tell him to keep his head down, and on you I wish the strength to stay loyal to him while he is away. you will never realise the incentive someone like you can give him to get home safely.
Having been there more than once and later watching my own son deploy i appreciate how hard it is for the people waiting at home also.