This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I need a mother's/parent's perspectiveof advice if possibe please. x?
10-01-2012, 02:48 PM
I need a mother's/parent's perspectiveof advice if possibe please. x?
I'm in about a 6 foot load of crap with my parents right now. I lied about my school and I had an incident with social media. (twitter) and I was grounded from twitter for forever I think.After the twitter incident, things were starting to get better and I learned to live with no social media and when I started lying about my school things got worse especially when my parents found out. I have no excuse for what I did.My mother literally said that she does not like me. I don't know what to do she said "I love you and you will always be my daughter but, I dont know who you are and I literally cannot stand you." It really hurt when she said that. I need to know from a parents perspective. Preferaby a Mother, if this is just a stage or phase that's going on right now or, is this going to be the same until I move out or... I just am unsure of how to patch things up. I feel like a bad person and I know that I am but I am on the path to doing better. I believe in god and I am praying to him to make me a better person and to help my mother and I's relationship. There is literally no chemistry between us at all anymore. I want to die... I have no other friends and this is just painful. What do I do? What can I do? Please, please, help I need some advice. It will take a miracle to fix this. It really will. Please, some advice woud help! :/ xxxxx thanks

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-01-2012, 02:56 PM

Well, things are not going to change overnight, nor in the near future. It starts with an effort on your part since you are the one who has lost the trust and respect. It was pretty blunt what your mother said, but I can understand what she is saying. This isn't a phase she is going through. It's a phase you're going through and will last as long as you allow it to last. The only way to fix it is to earn back her trust and respect. Don't lie. Don't do things you know you shouldn't do. Don't even brag about how you're doing things right. There is no time limit on earning back the trust and respect and boasting about how good you're doing will prolly just make her more suspicious and prolong the healing process. She will see the changes you make with time. You must make them for yourself, out of respect for yourself, not for your mother. The added benefit will be the healing between your mother and you. You aren't a "bad person." You have just made some bad decisions. So learn your lessons from your mistakes and make better decisions for yourself in the future. If you think it is painful for you, imagine how painful it is for your mother. She does not like telling you that she can't stand you. She's at her wits end at this point. But you came out of her own body. There is no love like a mother for her child so it takes a lot to say that to her own child. It will not take a miracle to fix this. You have the tools within yourself. But if you think it will be repaired in a few days or even a few months, that would be expecting a miracle. Every day from this point on that you stay out of trouble will be one day of healing. Give it time and make the effort. And know that there will always be things you don't agree on. That's normal. But choose those battles wisely. Sometimes it's best just to let something slide than to raise any sort of fuss or debate.

Ads

10-01-2012, 02:56 PM

IT TAKES TIME TO CHANGE A PERSON.NOT 1DAY OR 2DAY BUT MANY DAY .THE BIBLE SAY WHAT SO EVER YOU BELIEVE IN, SHALL COME TO PASS.BE PACIENT ON CORAGIOUS.WOMAN .THEY ARE YOUNG PEOPLE.SO THEY THINK THAT THEY ARE BIG.. BE 1 OF THE NICES PARENT YOU CAN BE .DONT YOU LOOK AT WHAT SHE IS GOODING .IF YOU BELIEVE IN GOD HE GOING TO DELIVER YOUR CHILD .HUMBLE YOUR SELF BEFORE GOD.LIKE JOB IN THE BIBLE .AFTHER LOST EVERY HE HUMBLE BEFORE GOD .HE WILL HONOR VICTORY.AM A CHILD OF GOD .AND WHEN THEY SEEM NO WAY OUT.I GO ON MY NEED. AND ASK GOD TO HELP ME .CRY TO HIM .I CLOSE ALL THE DOORS .AND AM PRAYING LIKE AM CRAZY.AND HE ANSWER MY PRAYER.