This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
SM Entertainment Trainee Life?
11-09-2012, 10:26 AM
SM Entertainment Trainee Life?
I would like to ask questions about sm trainee life/
1. Would it be better to audition at the weekly auditon or the global one? (i live in australia)
2. While being a trainee can i live with my parents or live in a dormitory? (my parents are going to live in korea next year)
3. What do you learn being a trainee?
4. What is the schedule each day for a trainee?
5. Can i use my phone or computer while being a trainee? (like use facebook, facetime, imessage or skype/)
6. Are we in groups as we train?
7. If your fat do you have to go on a big diet the first day you become a trainee?
8. Do you have to do plastic surgery?
9. Would the teachers be nice or mean?
10. Do you have to be pale skin, big eyes, tall before auditioning?
11. If you cant really dance is that alright? (cause i cant really dance but can sing)
12. Do they make you do complicating dancing even if you cant dance?
13. How much allowance do you get?
14. Is it better to debut as a solo or a group?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 10:34 AM

1. Would it be better to audition at the weekly auditon or the global one? (i live in australia)
Either one is good, there isn't much different but just the people around you.

2. While being a trainee can i live with my parents or live in a dormitory? (my parents are going to live in korea next year)
You can live with your parents but when you sign you have to stay in a dorm with all the other trainees (guys with guys and girls with girls).

3. What do you learn being a trainee?
You learn dancing, singing, another language, perhaps acting and modeling if you are lucky.

4. What is the schedule each day for a trainee?
It's different depending whether you have school or not.
If you don't go to school you normally wake up around 10 am and head to the building around 1 or 2pm (if you have a class around 1 you have to be there 15 minutes prior to the beginning). In a week you get 2 classes of 4 different dance styles and 2 singing classes. You get Saturdays off if you are a girl (not sure for a guy). You have dinner/ lunch whenever but normally before 7. You aren't allowed to eat ramen (some extra info ^^) You can take small containers of veges and things if you are on a diet.
You head back to the dorms around 10 or 9 depending. And basically after that you can do whatever but you need to tell the older trainees if you want to go out.

5. Can i use my phone or computer while being a trainee? (like use facebook, facetime, imessage or skype/)
If you are a trainee you have to delete your Facebook and things like MySpace. I don't think Twitter is banned as I know some trainees who have them. Of course you can use your phone and computer! It would help to have a music player or iPod so that you can practice by yourself between classes.

6. Are we in groups as we train?
You take your singing classes as one on one with the teacher but in dancing you stick with the girls if you are a girl and boys with boys... In fact the girls aren't really allowed to interact with the other sex. Dance groups might alter if someone has to take a different class at that time.

7. If your fat do you have to go on a big diet the first day you become a trainee?
Yeah you probably have to diet sooner or later. It's best to start early~

8. Do you have to do plastic surgery?
No you will not be forced into doing it but if you aren't comfortable with your face/ looks then you can consider doing it.

9. Would the teachers be nice or mean?
They are all nice ^^ They will only get mean if you don't try and give up easily (only if you do this over and over again)

10. Do you have to be pale skin, big eyes, tall before auditioning?
No!! Most idols I see from SM used to be SUPER dark before now! And you can see from SNSD some of them aren't very tall ^^...

11. If you cant really dance is that alright? (cause i cant really dance but can sing)
You will have to learn to dance no matter what. It will be fine because there are professionals that will help you with dancing and other trainees who probably will have gone through the same as you.

12. Do they make you do complicating dancing even if you cant dance?
Everyone will learn the same routine and it isn't very complicated... You will be taught to do the routine step by step and the teachers will help you.

13. How much allowance do you get?
I didn't know that they got allowances and I thought it was just a rumour...

14. Is it better to debut as a solo or a group?
Solo would be nice but in my opinion group would be better because
a. You have other group members and it will be nice to have someone doing the same things as you, e.g. when traveling to perform and such.
b. It will be more comfortable on stage
c. If you receive hate as one member then that's fine because the group will still do okay if they like other members. But as a solo you can't choose favorites.

But then again as a solo you have more of the income and a lot more fame if you are successful!

Ads

1) Either one, but you'll Weekly auditions will have fewer people per audition day.

2) You will live in the dorms with the other trainees.

3) The SM building? f(x)'s Amber said she had to travel by bus to get to her Korean lessons, but other than that it will be concentrated at the SM building in Apgujeong.

4) Cube's schedule: Get up at 6, go to school at 7, get out of school at 3, train until about midnight. Extra tasks from midnight to 1. SM's will be very similar. Your trainee days will be very hard.

5) Probably not. Your contract will have something in it that says what you can and cannot say about training. Also, technology bans and cellphone bans are very common for trainees and newly debuted idols.

6) No. Never count in being a group with someone until you debut. You might team up with others to complete a test for the company, but you won't necessarily debut with them.

7) Yes. Korea is very looks conscious. Even skinny idols like KARA's Hara and SNSD's YoonA go on diets before a promotion cycle. The sad truth is that unless they have a lot of talent, the judges are probably going to overlook a "fat" person because it would cost a lot money and time to get them into shape and train them to sing and dance (and maybe learn Korean).

8) No. Though it might be heavily suggested. However you will wont be forced to get surgery.

9) My experience with Korean teachers is they are extremely light on the compliments and very generous with the criticism. They aren't exactly mean, but unlike Western teachers they do not give out compliments unless they are fully deserved.

10) Not necessarily, but remember you are auditioning for a Korean company who is catering to the Korean public by giving them the Korean ideal.

11) It wouldn't hurt to take lessons. Unless you are an amazing singer, you should be competent in both fields. The more important question is "do you have a sense of rhythm?" Rhythm is about being able to feel a beat and move your body in time with the beat. Dance can be taught, rhythm not so much.

12) ? Do you mean as a trainee or as a debuted artist? You will probably wont succeed as a group without a mildly complicated dance every once and awhile. As for being a trainee, you won't have to dance like Eunhyuk, but you probably will have to complete tasks that involve dancing. They cha-cha slide isn't going to cut it for those when you're competing against your fellow trainees, some of whom will be the next Shindong or KAI.

13) None? I've heard of companies like JYP giving their trainees an allowance, but I don't believe SM is one of them. They will provide the means if debuting you, but I wouldn't count on receiving an allowance. Lucky you if you do get one, but save up!

14) It depends completely on your amount of charisma. Solo singers must be a lot more talented and a lot more well rounded in various fields because they are the only promoting them. In a group like SNSD, Sunny does the aegyo, YoonA is the looks, Tiffany is the charm, Taeyeon is the voice, Seohyun is the innocent maknae, Yuri is the body, etc. As a solo singer you have to be it all. But if you are like BoA or IU whose own talent would be stifled in a group, it would be better to be solo. (Can you imagine BoA in a group??????.)

Good luck!!

1) Global audition ! My friend auditioned twice for sm , she prefer the global audition . She said you'll have more chance to get in from global audition , because the held it because the need one .

2) you'll live in a dorm with other trainee , but if you are 15 or under you probably will live with your parents

3) singing,dancing,acting,languages,personality,musicality,etc

4) basically , go to school - go home (to the dorm) change clothes , take classes (they'll give you schedule for each month)

5) probably , I'm not sure but.. When you're about to debut they won't let you to use those things . But they'll give you time to call your parents

6) when you're in the dorm you will be in it with other trainees , but no the wont it just like schools you know

7) well they won't force you , but believe in me you'll get a lot of exercise 4-6 hours a day , they'll give you healthy food sooo you don't need a diet to be skinny if you become a trainee

8) they won't force you , but some other actress like park bom and goo hara did it because their own

9) if you did nothing wrong or you're being nice to them they will be nice to you , but if you're lazy and you give them bad attitude they will be harsh to you not mean

10) well sm is a 50-50 since snsd got a lot of rumors of plastic surgery they started to looking for someone who has a natural Beauty and incredible talent , you can feel the different between snsd and fx right? I'm not gonna lie fx is pretty weak the only who can sing ell dance well and act well is Luna , Krystal she sing and dance good not great , Victoria is just about flexibility sulli looks amber boyish and rap .. So yea you need to give them a good first impression (by your look)

Ps = if you have like tan skin and not Korean or not big eyes , etc you better audition for yg theyre looking for PURE TALENT

11) then you need to have an unbelievable incredible voice

12) they'll train you don't worry

13) $25 per week

14) you can't choose it they will

Hope i help