This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why are these ads on my sites and how do I get rid of them?
11-09-2012, 10:26 AM
Why are these ads on my sites and how do I get rid of them?
I have all these ads when im on Facebook or Youtube saying "You are 10000000th visitor" "Or some girl saying you have one friend request" this has been there since I downloaded the dislike button thing for Facebook. Please tell me how to get rid of them. And I have Google Chrome if it helps

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 10:35 AM

You can download Adblock on google web store. It works automatically and its free

Ads

Install adblocker extension on your browser.

you need to go to the browsers extensions management page, under the tools/extensions menu
then remove the dislike button extension, this should also get rid of the ads, as that is the program that is inserting the ads.

It sounds like you have inadvertently installed a type of program known as "adware", that inserts ads into websites that you visit. Firstly you should remove any browser extensions or software that you installed recently that you think might be inserting the ads. If that doesnt fix it, the next step is to install and run some anti malware scanning software such as Malwarebytes Antimalware or SuperAntiSpyware to get rid of it.

BTW once you have cleaned that up, a great way to remove the normal ads (sponsored posts / stories) on facebook is to install the FB Purity browser extension, its 100% safe & has lots of features for keeping your facebook clean: http://fbpurity.com