This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Does anyone else get those really annoying ads on Facebook that pop up in the lower right hand corner?
11-09-2012, 10:28 AM
Does anyone else get those really annoying ads on Facebook that pop up in the lower right hand corner?
These really annoying ads keep coming up while I'm on Facebook. They advertise different things, but it's always a large square box in the lower right hand corner of the screen, and it totally obscures the chat box. It says "Close" at the top of the ad but when you click it it doesn't do anything. In order to get rid of the ad I have to click Refresh until it goes. Has anyone else had this problem?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 10:37 AM

ahh i hate adds. they are so annoying

Ads

I do not see such adds in facebook.

Possible explanations:

a) it is a regional thing (not that likely)
b) you have some trojan or malicious ad-ware installed in your machine that pop those ads up for you.

It is easy to check what is the case - try logging in to your face-book at your friends machine, or at your school/work/library machine. Or ask a friend to log in to their account from your machine.

If the "bad" adds show only on your machine, then it is definitely some virus-like crap that runs in your machine that produces those ads.

nd it totally obscures the chat box. It says "Close" at the top of the ad but