This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What are the cons of setting up a Facebook Group for my son's elementary School?
11-09-2012, 10:30 AM
What are the cons of setting up a Facebook Group for my son's elementary School?
I want to set up a Facebook group for the school to keep parents informed. I am a Facebook user myself and I like the way the information gets distributed, and the way members can interact. Are there any down sides? If your K-5 elementary has a Facebook, will you post the link so I can see how you are using it?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 10:38 AM

The downside to Facebook is what makes it great - everyone can see it (Unless you specifically set up the account or group to restrict who can or cannot see it).

I would say that the downside to a group on Facebook for a school of young children (I'm not up to date on the American schooling system, so I assume elementary is the title given to young children) is that people who do access it might be using it for other purposes - in short, don't post anything of a sensitive nature - especially when children are involved.

You may want to set up a system in your school where the parents have to submit their name and you send them the invite or friend request.

Ads

11-09-2012, 10:38 AM

people always like to stay in the loop, especially parents. anything like this would be a great idea! my mom would have loved it when i was in elementary school, cuz those kids usually forget things that are going on. it's really the best way to keep parents informed.