This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Adding random internet friends on facebook - is it really as dangerous as they make you think?
11-09-2012, 10:34 AM
Adding random internet friends on facebook - is it really as dangerous as they make you think?
There's all these ads about internet safety and how you should never add someone you don't know, blah blah blah. Is it really THAT dangerous to add someone you don't know? Have you done it?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 10:42 AM

i DONE IT MANY TIMES BUT YOU HAVE to At least Know soMETHIming about tHE PERSON!

Ads

Dangerous if your like handing out personal information. I created a second facebook account and I have over 400 people I don't know, and so do alot of people. But there are some crazy stalker types out there..

Ya I've done it. They seem like actual random people, and not imposters to me. I'm not exactly the kind of person who would make a suitable target anyway. But you never know. The stranger might not be a stranger... but someone you actually know, trying to pretend to be strangers just to get into your profile.

Just think about whether you have any enemies. Don't post anything too personal.

Well, yes.
Just think of it... These people seeing your full name, location, picture, and possibly even your school. Do you ever write where you are or where you're going in your statues? All of those things can have them track you down pretty easily... And when they do there's no knowing of what they'll do.

You also display your e-mail address to them.

Yes, it is that dangerous... Even if it is blah blah blah Tongue

I will honestly have to yes yes, but it was only once. And it wasn't a "random" person, I talked to him online for months and months. E-mail back ad forth and I trusted him, he was like a best friend to me... But besides that, for random people I would say NO.

You seem sweet. Meet some people at school and in your community if you really want new Facebook friends. Not dangerous ones, that could hack you or kidnap you...

Well kinda. I wodnt do it and theres like about 9.9% chance it will be a scammer of somthin dangerous. Me, i wouldnt do it. I hoped i helped, Have a great day Smile

er i have added a few randoms but theyre like people that know people from my school.
and so many randoms add me on facebook, i have more than 800 friends and about 200 are people i dont know Confused it wouldnt be dangerous unless you give out your personal info