This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Should I unfriend my friends on facebook?
11-09-2012, 10:35 AM
Should I unfriend my friends on facebook?
I joined an organization a few years ago. I made friends, both with the leadership and my fellow members. I have recently come to the conclusion that these people are not my friends and have been lying to me.

We had a major event recently where I made some suggestions. I don't mind being told that my suggestions are not feasible, nor do I mind being told that they need to think about them. What I do mind and what hurts me deeply is being ignored, the only answer being silence.

I told the leaders that I wanted to host an event in my home. I am well aware of the time it takes to get to where I live, however, there are several major transportation hubs that will get people to where I live in a short amount of time. I did as they asked and checked for train problems for the date I mentioned. Again no answer.

There was an event this weekend with this group. I initially said I was going, but after seeing the emails that they ignored my request to host, I ignored their emails requesting a final RSVP. On the day of the event, having not responded, I waited for a message confirming my attendance. Still none.

I am beyond mad right. I feel very hurt and disrespected. I do not seek a leadership role, but I need to know that my opinions and membership is valued, which I feel it isnt. I am only human and make mistakes, but I am also hurting. Many of these people are my friends on facebook. Should unfriend them and be done with it?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 10:43 AM

Yell, "I AM TIRED OF YOU DUMB PEOPLE IGNORING ME. I NEED YOU TO LISTEN TO ME WHEN I SPEAK!" Then louder, "UNDERSTAND?" when they are all around.

If you can't bring yourself to do that, then yes unfriend them.

Ads

It's normal to feel hurt from being ignored. However, it is more important to try to understand the reasons for your friends behavior. Is there a way for you to clarity with some of them who you deem is closer to you? They may offer some reasons and these reasons may provide you with a better insight into the issue. Take the whole exercise as a learning experience to learn more about yourself and your friends. Whether to unfriend your facebook friends, is entirely up to you. But know that you will be sending a signal to them. Let yourself cool off for a few days before making a decision.

Yes, delete them.