This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Would you be annoyed if your friend did this ?
11-09-2012, 10:36 AM
Would you be annoyed if your friend did this ?
Me and my friend have been friends for years,im godmother to her son,bridesmaid at her wedding.
Recently shes got really close to a girl she works with and has been going out with her group of friends(not bothering to ask me,although i always invite her out when i go out with other friends)

Her divorce came through this week and shes posted on her facebook "out with the girls tonight to celebrate my divorce woo hoo"
She hasnt bothered inviting me along on this night with the girls ...yet she still texts me but now she got in with this group of girls its like im not needed to go out with anymore she has them,shes out with them every weekend.
Im feeling quite upset sat here,as shes posting pics of her and the girls ,

I supported her threw her divorce and i feel like i dont want to bring it up with her because she should want to invite me in the first place,i shouldnt have to explain because its common sense.
Am i being silly ?i feel really let down

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 10:44 AM

be cool, she's your friend, not your husband.

Ads

I would be. But that's because I'm extremely easy to agitate. Anyways, maybe talk to her about it?

sounds a bit like a version of bridesmaids...
sorry but i dont think you should be telling the internet you should be telling your friend that you feel hurt and she probably has no clue that she's hurting your feelings deliberately and if you open up she'll start including you again once she's realised what she's been doing
hope you work it out

she's her own person, but that is kind of rude of her, but just have some one-on-one time with her, call her every now and then, and just hang. but dont call every single day, that would b mager stalker!!!

just ask why you haven't hung out in a while. see what she says. ask if there's something you did. that should clear it up.

l had a "friend" who decided to dump me after 17 years of friendship [ albeit very one sided from my point of view ].
No...you're not being silly at all.
l also helped my friend through her divorce, through miscarrying twins, breaking up with her fiancé, breaking up with her first love, moving house twice, alcoholism and depression.
l sometimes wonder why l put up with so much.

l think you really need to talk to her and tell her how you feel. lt could just be thoughtlessness on her part....because these are people she works with, maybe she thinks you wouldn't be interested
in them.
The worst thing you can do is just fester over it because you will end up becoming really unhappy.

That's really bad I would feel angry if that was me, but huney this is what people are like no matter if u have known them for years they can juss switch on u, remember everyone is out for themselves and remember its always family first xxx

I would ask her why,no you are not being silly. Yes i would be very annoyed.