This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
are facebook friends usually people you have really met in real life?
11-09-2012, 10:39 AM
are facebook friends usually people you have really met in real life?
I wondered how people in facebook have like 1000 friends. if they are not real life how have they become friends?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 10:47 AM

just people they have met

Ads

for me, ya. why would i wanna talk to some random stranger? its weird & dangerous. my rule for friending people is that i had to have had at least one face-to-face conversation with them before

All of my Facebook friends are people I know in real life. Social networking sites are very stalker friendly and should be used with caution.

All my friends are people in my school, in my old school, neighbourhood, family, relatives and some are friends that are linked to my close friends. What i mean is that my close friend might be friends with someone i dont know. So i add that person because their good friends with MY close friend Big Grin

Some ppl might add so many people if they have LOADS of friends or coz they just add random people Big Grin

Some people get an ego boost from having a lot of friends. Because it makes them feel accepted by people and makes them seem popular. So either complete strangers add them or they add people trying to get more friends.
OR
They are one hell of a socialite or famous.

no some people just befriend any persons just to look cool. This usually happens in big metropolitan areas, such as orange county, CA. Where douche bag kids have this preconceived notion that they must have as many facebook friends as possible

Sometimes for some of the apps you need a lot of friends who also play that app to move up levels so people just add randoms who also play.

Sometimes, but not usually. Facebook is a social network site that allows you to become friends with anyone you would.
For example, if anyone looks interesting on facebook you can add them to know more about them.
Most people don't know 1000 friends, but its all about networking and socializing, and people just add people either because they are interesting or because they want more friends

well i know some people who have 1,000+ but they've only really met 100 of them. But than i also have friends that have well over a thousand friends but they know each and everyone one of them (one of them was a singer in a band), another one of my friends has 2,000+ friends but he's a pastor so he knows a lot of people. With me I only add people if i've talked to them in real life or if their a friend of my family.