This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Generation Y: flakiness?
11-09-2012, 10:40 AM
Generation Y: flakiness?
I'm wondering if others notice if there is increasing flakiness among those of Generation Y especially when it comes to answering emails, facebook, texts, etc. I'm part of this age group as well and have noticed things like people being less prone to answering emails and delaying responses, etc.

I feel like a lot of it has to do with the emergence of social media and the fact that there is no urgency in responding right away because there is no face-to-face contact. What seems to happen is that people are just left hanging.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 10:48 AM

I sent another member of my small church group an invitation to an event that I felt would benefit her. She never responded either way. When I saw her the next week I asked her if she got the email and I hoped she wasn't offended by my invite. She said that YES, she had received it but said "If I'm not going to attend I don't respond." WTF????? I have never heard anything so incredibly rude in all my life. Neither of us are Gen Y but it just really ticked me off. She won't have to worry about any future invites though.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply