This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is my friend worth my time?
11-09-2012, 10:42 AM
Is my friend worth my time?
I've been close friends with him since '11. I loved him as a friend - he had a great personality, was humorous and understanding. We spent lots of time together - going out for meals, movies and excursions (e.g. treks to islands) and mostly studying.

At first (up to August '12) I thought that he was worth developing a strong friendship with, so I sacrificed my own time, helping him in studies by preparing subject notes and teaching him, esp. in math, science and english, the subjects he were weak in. He was highly grateful as he was awarded the "most improved" title and ever since he has been very motivated to study, usually w/ me. Every time he wanted to go out, I would do preparations and research on whichever areas in advance. we enjoyed ourselves very much and seeing him smile literally made my day, possibly my week. Even though he never waited for me (I always had to catch up with him) and was very unresponsive on his facebook and messages, I still found him a great person to be with.

Things have changed greatly now. He's been doing some soul-searching with me, explaining about how he can be highly "emo" when he spots good-looking girls as that evokes bad memories of his primary school life. I did my utmost to comfort him and he appreciated that too. But for some reason he's been talking less and less to me now and it's always me who initiates convos. I initiate literally everything and his interest in me has weakened greatly. He keeps thinking that I'm gay, but I always told him otherwise
Our friendship has been highly unstable since August. When I was traumatised by the multiple deaths in my family, he simply ignored me in school. Because of this my depression worsened and even still I tried to talk to him but he was more interested in other ppl. I only displayed my loyalty and understanding to him. I'm now under counselling and things are a lot better now, but he still lingers in my mind.

I'm just confused. Is he really a true friend? Should I let all of my efforts go to waste? Should I just move on and treat him like a normal person? I've got much better friends who are better than him, but the sacrifices that i've made for him are just too significant to let the friendship go. I just can't carry on such a sh*tty friendship anymore.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 10:51 AM

Yes i think

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply