This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Should I stay on my cheerleading team?
10-01-2012, 04:53 PM
Should I stay on my cheerleading team?
So I am a senior in high school. I have been on the cheerleading team since sophomore when I transferred. The team has always been a bit crazy but always fun. This year however, I was supposed to be captain, but because I got suspended for drinking at a dance junior year, the new coach wouldn't let me. I have gotten over that though. The new coach all summer has been making us work around her schedule which means only 3 days of pre season for 2 hours each opposed to 5 days of preseason for 6 hours, which was desperately needed. She cannot even attend practices during the school year just the game. So now we have a practice coach and a game coach, both of whom do not control the girls on the team.
Last year our team got suspended at a football because one of the girls was spit on by someone from the other school. She was extremely angry could not control herself tried to fight everyone and eventually got the whole team suspended for a game.
Now we are under careful watch from the sports adviser because if we make a wrong move, we're not going to any more away games.
So, yesterday, we had an away game and out team lost badly. Everyone was in a bad mood and the captain (new coach appointed, even though she has been on team for 1 year) was loudly yelling with the girl that got everyone suspended last year. I tried to calm the situation down but no one would listen.
I was frustrated and angry that i tweeted "Does anyone have an self control, maturity people" directed towards the entire team. Somehow the girl got my message even though she doesn't follow me and she started to threaten me.
I heard "You're lucky you're on this team or I would've hurt you"
and "we're supposed to be a team and you trash us on twitter?"
and "Don't ever try to talk to me"
She then proceeded to pray for my sins and pray to god that she wasn't going to hurt me.
the coach tried to diffuse the situation and defended myself saying if I said that to you in person you would've yelled at me and the situation would have escalated.
I started to cry. And I'm not sure whether to quit or not. I only have about 5 girls I really love on the team, and the rest are obnoxious crazy and rude.
We have a meeting on Monday, and I predict a lot of yelling coming from this girl.
Any suggestions?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-01-2012, 05:01 PM

YOu can use Schedaroo app for schedulling tweets, facebook updates.

Download it from here
http://itunes.apple.com/in/app/schedaroo...03464?mt=8

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply