This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Facebook privacy breach myth?
11-09-2012, 10:49 AM
Facebook privacy breach myth?
Two days ago a story came out that the French gov.t asked Facebook about why FB subscribers' messages were now posted to their profiles/timelines. Now I'm getting FB status update warnings from friends that all your private inbox messages are viewable on your profile. However, I have tons of private inbox messages but comparatively few wall posts and when I go back to my timeline, and look at the blue vertical center line and hover over each dot, all I see are wall posts, shares, photos, etc. Am I looking in the wrong place to see if everyone can see my private messages?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 10:57 AM

I can't really confirm wether or not this is true but i can tell you that i have not heard a single thing about this. My personal inbox messages have never been shared with anyone. If that does start to happen, i will delete my FB account.

Ads

11-09-2012, 10:57 AM

this is a hoax - it was even on CNN because everyone is sharing it as the truth when there is no evidence

long ago, facebook didnt have the privacy setting is used to, so people are just getting confused about the difference between a private message and posting on someone's wall - some people actually think they are the same thing, and they arent