This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Should bosses or managers keep social media neutral?
11-09-2012, 10:49 AM
Should bosses or managers keep social media neutral?
Im looking to advance with my job and have facebook friends of pple i manage. Should i unfriend them? I like a politicians page and sometimes the post. Is it unprofessional to friend people you manage?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 10:57 AM

It is not unprofessional. But it can be a balancing act. I may advise using a different Facebook page with business then with personal.

Ads

I own 2 business I have 0 employees as friends. I do not accept them. They are employees and coworkers. I never mix my personal life with my job or business.

I do treat my employees well and I do care for them. How ever they are coworkers not friends. I do not want them knowing about my personal life. My political beliefs or any of it.

When I'm at my business I'm there for one thing.. To MAKE money. If I want/need to expand my social life I go to social events and places designed for socializing.

I have found that people who blur the lines often have problems.. Managers form a bias and employees start to think they can do things they shouldn't. They also seem to lose respect for me in the work place.

I don't mix them. Now the one exception I would make is for fsmily. Possibly a close friend but it would be VERY clear to the friend and family member that they are employees when they are on the clock.

I personally don't think it's appropriate to have your manager on social medias. It's alright to have a good relationship with employees but it can get unprofessional if taken too far. Plus you don't wanna have to deal with judging them off of things that they post or them judging you off things that you post.

They should just $TFU and kiss my ass.

am a employee and would not be happy having my boss as a friend for one its unprofessional and second its not right.
i would advise u to unfriend them and avoid being close it can ruin your business relations..
thats my view...